all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Syntax highlighting question
@ 2004-02-16 15:30 William Payne
From: William Payne @ 2004-02-16 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello, I'm using Emacs to code in C and C++. I have syntax highlighting and
automatic indentation set up to a decent level (not perfect yet), but I have
a really annoying problem.
Example:
when I type the following:
pthread_t mythread;
emacs displays "pthread_t" in white, bold text and "mythread" in normal,
yellow text. Just as I want it. But now when I have to use the Win32 for a
project, emacs doesn't recognise the window datatypes as datatypes. So
HWND mywindow; is displayed by Emacs in white, normal text. How can I make
Emacs recognise the windows data types as data types, so they get
highlighted properly?

/ WP

* Re: Syntax highlighting question
@ 2004-02-16 16:12 ` Peter Lee
From: Peter Lee @ 2004-02-16 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

    William> How can I make Emacs recognise the windows data types as
    William> data types, so they get highlighted properly?

Look for a package called ctypes.  Should be able to find ctypes.el
via google.

* Re: Syntax highlighting question
@ 2004-02-16 17:35   ` William Payne
From: William Payne @ 2004-02-16 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Peter Lee" <pete_lee@swbell.net> wrote in message

>     William> How can I make Emacs recognise the windows data types as
>     William> data types, so they get highlighted properly?
>
> Look for a package called ctypes.  Should be able to find ctypes.el
> via google.

Thanks, I heard about cc modes, and upgraded to the latest version and that
solved my problem.

* syntax highlighting question
@ 2004-05-01 18:47 Aliesha Finkel
From: Aliesha Finkel @ 2004-05-01 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, I'd like to make a new region to syntax highlight
similar to C-style comments.  I'd like to start it
with
// DBG
and end it with
// GBD

Everything in-between I'd like to set to some color.
I'm a newbie to emacs customization, does anyone know
off-hand if this can be done in emacs, or are things
like C-style comments hardcoded somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

* Re: syntax highlighting question
       [not found] <mailman.2848.1083437514.1061.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2004-05-04  3:26 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2004-05-04  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aliesha Finkel <agfinkel@yahoo.com> writes:

> I'd like to make a new region to syntax highlight similar to C-style
> comments.  I'd like to start it with
> // DBG
> and end it with
> // GBD
>
> Everything in-between I'd like to set to some color.  I'm a newbie
> to emacs customization, does anyone know off-hand if this can be
> done in emacs

Yes, it can be done.  You need to use the variable
`font-lock-syntactic-keywords' -- see the node "Syntactic Font Lock"
in the Emacs Lisp Manual for details.

--
Jesper Harder                                <http://purl.org/harder/>