If the Emacs team has so much misgivings about NonGNU ELPA perhaps they shouldn't have launched it to begin with. For me it's really weird that we have the option to use something (which supposedly exists to reduce friction) but someone constantly discourages us from doing so (which increases friction). Not a pleasant experience IMO. Anyways, I doubt anyone here will change their mind, so it's probably not worth discussing this any further. On Mon, Aug 28, 2023, at 7:51 AM, Po Lu wrote: > "Bozhidar Batsov" writes: > > > Sure, but I fail to see to see how is this related to the inclusion of > > any third-party package in NonGNU ELPA. > > Because we have a right to advocate for options that we feel are to > Emacs's benefit, of which including new packages in GNU ELPA is one. > >