all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* escape-glyph issues
@ 2005-06-20  0:33 Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2005-06-20  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Juri made the following change without discussion:

   2005-06-06  Juri Linkov  <juri@jurta.org>

           * faces.el (escape-glyph): Use less loud colors pink2 and red4.

I think this looks far worse on a dark background (it plays the neat
trick of being both less visible and more annoying at the same time; I
have no opinion on light-background mode as I don't use it).

Unless someone can justify this change, I'm going to change it back to
the old default (cyan) -- which was decided after _much_ argument.

Furthermore, Juri's "no escape for NBSP" change was also made with no
discussion, and the related thread sort of petered out after talking
about implementation issues.  So which do people like better?

-Miles
--
Is it true that nothing can be known?  If so how do we know this?  -Woody Allen