all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: overriding my own emacs color settings
       [not found] <f5c5dc88.0208131047.65d4823f@posting.google.com>
@ 2002-08-14  1:42 ` Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2002-08-14  1:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

tad@tadland.net (Tad Marko) writes:
> Is there any way to tell emacs to either use a different set of colors
> on a text console, or just to go b&w and forget about it all together?

Emacs has a system to choose different face definitions depending on
the display; how to use it depends on how you're redefining faces.

If you're using customize-face to change an existing face, you can
select `Show All Face Specs' using the `State' button, which will then
create a more complex widget that allows this.

If you're creating your own faces with `defface', see the documentation
for that function; as an example, though, here's the definition of the
`region' face:

   (defface region
     '((((type tty) (class color))
        :background "blue" :foreground "white")
       (((type tty) (class mono))
        :inverse-video t)
       (((class color) (background dark))
        :background "blue3")
       (((class color) (background light))
        :background "lightgoldenrod2")
       (t :background "gray")))

-Miles
--
Occam's razor split hairs so well, I bought the whole argument!

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-08-14  1:42 UTC | newest]