all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Using the clipboard in development version of Emacs
@ 2010-09-07 18:12 Dan Davison
       [not found] ` <mailman.8.1283885285.25613.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Dan Davison @ 2010-09-07 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using Emacs compiled from recent source, under Linux. There have
been changes to the way Emacs interacts with the clipboard: e.g., if
text is selected in an X application, `yank' no longer pastes it into an
Emacs buffer; similarly `kill-region' no longer stores the text in a way
that middle-click will paste it into an X application.

Can anyone tell me how to get the behaviour I'm looking for (implied
above), or point me to the relevant discussion?

Thanks,

Dan