all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Visual bell style in Emacs 23
@ 2008-07-02  6:56 philkime
From: philkime @ 2008-07-02  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Is there a way to customise the visual bell style in Emacs 23? I have
visible-bell set but this flashes an annoying square in the middle of
the frame and I'm looking for something like Carbon emacs' "top and
bottom lines" flashing as it's much less annoying.

* Re: Visual bell style in Emacs 23
@ 2008-07-02  7:21 ` Miles Bader
From: Miles Bader @ 2008-07-02  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

philkime <Philip@kime.org.uk> writes:
> Is there a way to customise the visual bell style in Emacs 23? I have
> visible-bell set but this flashes an annoying square in the middle of
> the frame and I'm looking for something like Carbon emacs' "top and
> bottom lines" flashing as it's much less annoying.

You can define the variable `ring-bell-function' to do what you want.

-Miles

--
"Suppose we've chosen the wrong god. Every time we go to church we're
just making him madder and madder." -- Homer Simpson