all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Gnu Bash allows function names with dash but are not showing up in speedbar
@ 2022-01-10 16:29 fatiparty--- via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: fatiparty--- via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2022-01-10 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help Gnu Emacs

Have been writing some emacs minor modes in elisp and also some bash scripts.
I thought that I would see the bash functions in speedbar, but function names incorporating
a dash (-) are not being shown, although Gnu Bash allows such constructs.

* Re: Gnu Bash allows function names with dash but are not showing up in speedbar
@ 2022-01-11 13:24 ` Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2022-01-11 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

fatiparty--- via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor wrote:

> Have been writing some emacs minor modes in elisp and also
> some bash scripts. I thought that I would see the bash
> functions in speedbar, but function names incorporating
> a dash (-) are not being shown, although Gnu Bash allows
> such constructs.

If you would boil it down into something that is (more)
understandable and (more easily) testable I'm happy to try it
and see if/how it fails ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal

* Gnu Bash allows function names with dash but are not showing up in speedbar
@ 2022-01-11 16:32   ` fatiparty--- via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: fatiparty--- via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2022-01-11 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emanuel Berg; +Cc: Help Gnu Emacs

Jan 12, 2022, 01:24 by help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org:

> fatiparty--- via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor wrote:
>
>> Have been writing some emacs minor modes in elisp and also
>> some bash scripts. I thought that I would see the bash
>> functions in speedbar, but function names incorporating
>> a dash (-) are not being shown, although Gnu Bash allows
>> such constructs.
>>

> If you would boil it down into something that is (more)
> understandable and (more easily) testable I'm happy to try it
> and see if/how it fails ...

I have the bash function config-path in lantern.sh.  Because the function name
contains a dash (config-path is permitted as a function name in bash), I do not
see the function name being listed when looking at the speedbar frame.  But
other filenames ( that do not use dash "-" ) do get listed in the speedbar frame.

config-path ()
  {
    trklink=$(readlink -f "$0")
    dcnpath="${trklink%/*/*}"
    frcpath="${dcnpath}/fractr"

    case $1 in
      decuneus)  echo $dcnpath ;;
      fractr)    echo $frcpath ;;
      *) ;;
    esac
  }

@ 2022-01-11 16:46 ` Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2022-01-11 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

You should mention that this has already been explained in
https://debbugs.gnu.org/52319#8