all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* yanking with mouse2 doesn't select yanked region
@ 2004-01-04 22:37 nospam55
From: nospam55 @ 2004-01-04 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi. My redhat 8 emacs 21.2.1 , on X when yanking with mouse2, does not select the
yanked text.  More precisely when I do mouse-yank-at-click with <mouse-2> on an
emacs windows , I yank text from the kill ring, but it does not "set mark at the
beginning" as it should:

from the C-h k <mouse-2> docs:

            <mouse-2> at that spot runs the command mouse-yank-at-click
               which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `mouse'.
            (mouse-yank-at-click CLICK ARG)
don't       Insert the last stretch of killed text at the position clicked on.
have        Also move point to one end of the text thus inserted (normally the end), and
this  ->    set mark at the beginning..
            Prefix arguments are interpreted as with C-y.
            If `mouse-yank-at-point' is non-nil, insert at point
            regardless of where you click

I miss this feature I've been enjoying on suse 7.1 ; how can I get it working?

    Thank you

* Re: yanking with mouse2 doesn't select yanked region
@ 2004-01-06 16:16 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2004-01-06 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

nospam55 <nospa@no.yahoo.no> writes:

> My redhat 8 emacs 21.2.1 , on X when yanking with mouse2, does not
> select the yanked text.  More precisely when I do
> mouse-yank-at-click with <mouse-2> on an emacs windows , I yank text
> from the kill ring, but it does not "set mark at the beginning" as
> it should:

How do you know that the mark isn't set.  Does, say, `C-w' after
yanking with <mouse-2> not remove the newly inserted text?