all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* greek + emacs
@ 2003-10-29 12:42 Andreas Daskalopoulos
From: Andreas Daskalopoulos @ 2003-10-29 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

I am using GNU Emacs 20.7.2. I am trying to write Greek using mule. Altough
I can write Greek in most applications at X-Windows (by installing the
appropriate locales) I still can't write Greek in Emacs.

I tried setting the input method and the language enviroment to Greek, but i
get weird characters through the mule drop-down menu.I am using a Greek
keyboard (if this is of any help. My distribution is Libranet 2.7 (it is a
debian-based distribution, in other words its an easy to install debian
stable).

Thanks a lot for reading this node.

* Re: greek + emacs
@ 2003-10-30 13:59 ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2003-10-30 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andreas Daskalopoulos <plaid73@otenet.gr> writes:

> I am using GNU Emacs 20.7.2. I am trying to write Greek using
> mule. Altough I can write Greek in most applications at X-Windows
> (by installing the appropriate locales) I still can't write Greek in
> Emacs.

20.7 is stone-age.  Try 21.3.  MULE has significantly changed since
then.

* Re: greek + emacs
@ 2003-10-31 12:50   ` Andreas Daskalopoulos
From: Andreas Daskalopoulos @ 2003-10-31 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

"David Kastrup" <dak@gnu.org> wrote in message
> Andreas Daskalopoulos <plaid73@otenet.gr> writes:
>
> > I am using GNU Emacs 20.7.2. I am trying to write Greek using
> > mule. Altough I can write Greek in most applications at X-Windows
> > (by installing the appropriate locales) I still can't write Greek in
> > Emacs.
>
> 20.7 is stone-age.  Try 21.3.  MULE has significantly changed since
> then.

Yes you were right. I installed the latest debian package for emacs21 and
now I can read an write Greek. Thanks a lot!