all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* tinyurl and Mozilla
@ 2003-09-30 22:40 kgold
From: kgold @ 2003-09-30 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've been using tinyurl with emacs 20.7 to be able to click on a link
in a mail buffer and open the link in Netscape.

Now we've switched to Mozilla, which is not one of the choices.  Does
anyone have a modified tinyurl.el, or an alternative solution.

* Re: tinyurl and Mozilla
@ 2003-10-01 16:02 ` Bruce Ingalls
From: Bruce Ingalls @ 2003-10-01 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

kgold wrote:
> I've been using tinyurl with emacs 20.7 to be able to click on a link
> in a mail buffer and open the link in Netscape.
>
> Now we've switched to Mozilla, which is not one of the choices.  Does
> anyone have a modified tinyurl.el, or an alternative solution.

I'm sure I solved this in <url: http://emacro.sf.net/ >
As I recall, you should set:

       (defconst browse-url-browser-function 'browse-url-netscape)
       (defconst browse-url-netscape-program "mozilla")))

* Re: tinyurl and Mozilla
@ 2003-10-02 13:34   ` kgold
From: kgold @ 2003-10-02 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bruce Ingalls <bingalls@fit-zones.NO-SPAM.com> writes:
> kgold wrote:
> > I've been using tinyurl with emacs 20.7 to be able to click on a link
> > in a mail buffer and open the link in Netscape.
> >
> > Now we've switched to Mozilla, which is not one of the choices.  Does
> > anyone have a modified tinyurl.el, or an alternative solution.
>
> I'm sure I solved this in <url: http://emacro.sf.net/ >
> As I recall, you should set:
>
>        (defconst browse-url-browser-function 'browse-url-netscape)
>        (defconst browse-url-netscape-program "mozilla")))

I still get the *Messages*

	TinyUrl: Accessing http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~keithv/
	Starting Netscape...

which fails because I no longer have Netscape.

As you suggested, I now have in .emacs.

	(defconst browse-url-netscape-program "mozilla")

C-h v shows:

	browse-url-netscape-program's value is
	"mozilla"

	browse-url-browser-function's value is
	browse-url-netscape

C-h k on a URL shows

S-down-mouse-2 at that spot runs the command tinyurl-mouse-binding-down
   which is an interactive Lisp function in `tinyurl'.