all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Does c-set-style have any effect on C++/Java modes or codes? and can it?
@ 2004-01-17  7:25 Christian Seberino
From: Christian Seberino @ 2004-01-17  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

I like (c-set-style "linux") because it give me 8 space indents
and other nice features.

I tried once to set Java and C++ files to use c-mode because
I like (c-set-style "linux") so much.

I also tried adding (c-set-style "linux") to c++-mode-hook and
java-mode-hook recently.

Is all of this accomplishing anything???

I mean c-set-style only with with c code and can't help you
with code that is sort of similar to C right???

Chris

* Re: Does c-set-style have any effect on C++/Java modes or codes? and can it?
@ 2004-01-28  9:16 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2004-01-28  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

seberino@spawar.navy.mil (Christian Seberino) writes:

> I mean c-set-style only with with c code and can't help you
> with code that is sort of similar to C right???

c-set-style works for all C-like modes.  At least in principle.
AFAIR, CC mode automatically selects the "java" style for Java mode.
So you might have to do some work to override this.

But why don't you try M-x c-set-style RET in a Java file and see if
that changes the indentation?

Kai