all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How make cursor be a thin vertical line instead of a box??
@ 2003-01-13 18:05 Christian Seberino
From: Christian Seberino @ 2003-01-13 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can I make cursor be a thin vertical line instead
of a box??

Chris

* Re: How make cursor be a thin vertical line instead of a box??
@ 2003-01-13 18:42 ` Chris McMahan
From: Chris McMahan @ 2003-01-13 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

It's EMACS!

see the help for the variable cursor-type, which is set in the
default-frame-alist and initial-frame-alist. If you want a vertical
bar, set this to bar

------------------------------
cursor-type's value is t

Documentation:
Cursor to use in window displaying this buffer.
Values are interpreted as follows:

  t 		use the cursor specified for the frame
  nil		don't display a cursor
  `bar'		display a bar cursor with default width
  (bar . WIDTH)	display a bar cursor with width WIDTH
  others	display a box cursor.
------------------------------

 - Chris

--
     (.   .)
  =ooO=(_)=Ooo========================

* Re: How make cursor be a thin vertical line instead of a box??
@ 2003-01-14 14:30 ` Joe Casadonte
From: Joe Casadonte @ 2003-01-14 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 13 Jan 2003, Christian Seberino wrote:

> Can I make cursor be a thin vertical line instead
> of a box??

I have a bar-cursor-mode that changes the cursor to a vertical bar
normally, and then back to a block in overwrite mode.

    http://www.northbound-train.com/emacs.html

Hope that helps.

--
Regards,