all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: master 5eb729c0b36 1/2: Report touch events on MS-Windows
       [not found] ` <20240609124127.8FF7BC1FB41@vcs2.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2024-06-09 12:52   ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2024-06-09 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

> branch: master
> commit 5eb729c0b36a31869cf4928bc7bf5111b6f59ebb
> Author: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
> Commit: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
>
>     Report touch events on MS-Windows
>
>     * etc/NEWS: Announce change.
>
>     * src/w32fns.c (RegisterTouchWindow_fn): New function.
>     (w32_createwindow): Assign a base value for touch event
>     identifiers to the frame, and register for touch input.
>     (w32_wnd_proc): Forward WM_TOUCH/WM_TOUCHMOVE messages to the
>     main thread.
>     (globals_of_w32fns): Load RegisterTouchWindow from user32.dll.
>
>     * src/w32term.c (w32_read_socket) <WM_TOUCH>: Detect WM_TOUCH
>     events, compare and record their touch points with and into the
>     frame's record of their prior state, and report the same to Lisp.
>     (pfnCloseTouchInputHandle, pfnGetTouchInputInfo): New variables.
>     (w32_initialize): Load the above functions from user32.dll.
>
>     * src/w32term.h (MAX_TOUCH_POINTS): New definition.
>     (struct w32_output) <touch_ids, touch_x, touch_y, touch_base>:
>     New fields.

Folks, I got around to writing this code earlier than anticipated, but
it has not been tested with real user input.  If there are MS-Windows
users with the relevant touch input hardware reading this, let one of
them come forth and do us this trivial service, and his efforts will be
appreciated.

* Re: master 5eb729c0b36 1/2: Report touch events on MS-Windows
@ 2024-06-09 15:54     ` Zhengyi Fu
From: Zhengyi Fu @ 2024-06-09 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Po Lu; +Cc: emacs-devel

Hi Po,

On 2024-06-09 20:52, Po Lu wrote:

> Folks, I got around to writing this code earlier than anticipated, but
> it has not been tested with real user input.  If there are MS-Windows
> users with the relevant touch input hardware reading this, let one of
> them come forth and do us this trivial service, and his efforts will be
> appreciated.

I have a MS Surface Laptop 2 with a touchscreen.  Is it sufficient to do
the test?  If so, please tell me how to do it and I'll be happy to help.

* Re: master 5eb729c0b36 1/2: Report touch events on MS-Windows
@ 2024-06-10  0:30       ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2024-06-10  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zhengyi Fu; +Cc: emacs-devel

Zhengyi Fu <i@fuzy.me> writes:

> I have a MS Surface Laptop 2 with a touchscreen.  Is it sufficient to do
> the test?  If so, please tell me how to do it and I'll be happy to help.

It's quite facile: build Emacs from the source code repository, and
verify that the tool bar is functional and that touch-screen gestures
are recognized properly.

* Re: master 5eb729c0b36 1/2: Report touch events on MS-Windows
@ 2024-06-11 12:22         ` Zhengyi Fu
From: Zhengyi Fu @ 2024-06-11 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Po Lu; +Cc: emacs-devel

On 2024-06-10 08:30, Po Lu wrote:
> Zhengyi Fu <i@fuzy.me> writes:
>
>> I have a MS Surface Laptop 2 with a touchscreen.  Is it sufficient to
>> do
>> the test?  If so, please tell me how to do it and I'll be happy to
>> help.
>
> It's quite facile: build Emacs from the source code repository, and
> verify that the tool bar is functional and that touch-screen gestures
> are recognized properly.

I built Emacs from master.  It seems working correctly.  The tool bar is
functional and touchscreen gestures are recognized.

* Re: master 5eb729c0b36 1/2: Report touch events on MS-Windows
@ 2024-06-11 12:58           ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2024-06-11 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zhengyi Fu; +Cc: emacs-devel

Zhengyi Fu <i@fuzy.me> writes:

> I built Emacs from master.  It seems working correctly.  The tool bar is
> functional and touchscreen gestures are recognized.

Much obliged.