Fair enough. Although experience shows that some packages with assigned copyright are barely maintained (even in Emacs's core), so obviously that's no silver bullet. My perspective is simple - don't mess with something that's working well. (e.g. you're getting many occasional contributors on GitHub and you want to keep it simple for them) On Sun, Aug 27, 2023, at 9:32 PM, Stefan Kangas wrote: > Bozhidar Batsov : > > > I have to say I'm a bit frustrated that every time someone wants to submit something to NonGNU ELPA there's some push to either submit to GNU ELPA or core instead. > > Some of us believe that assigned packages are often better for the > overall health of the project, so we continue to argue for it. It > would be irresponsible not to. > >