all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Download buttons on the Emacs homepage
@ 2017-01-16 13:27 Nicolas Petton
From: Nicolas Petton @ 2017-01-16 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Devel; +Cc: rms

Hi guys,

After discussing with Richard, I added download buttons to the homepage
of Emacs (see the attached screenshot).

They take a bit of vertical space, but I hope it will make it much
easier for users to get to the correct download section for their OS.

When clicking a download button, the user gets redirected to the
appropriate download section of download.html, which explains why
non-free systems are bad and why Emacs has support for them.

I hope you like the change :-)

Cheers,
Nico

[-- Attachment #1.2: signature.asc --]

[-- Attachment #2: Screenshot from 2017-01-16 14-24-18.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 258448 bytes --]

* Re: Download buttons on the Emacs homepage
@ 2017-01-16 13:59 ` Tino Calancha
From: Tino Calancha @ 2017-01-16 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Petton; +Cc: rms, Emacs Devel

On Mon, 16 Jan 2017, Nicolas Petton wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> After discussing with Richard, I added download buttons to the homepage
> of Emacs (see the attached screenshot).
Hi Nico,

i like the buttons, good idea!
In my system, the buttons for Windows and MacOS show the headings
'Windows' and 'OS X' respectively; but the button for GNU/Linux
doesn't show the heading: the first line shown is
'Most GNU/Linux distributions provide ...'

I've checked them with iceweasel 45.6.0 in Debian Strech.

* Re: Download buttons on the Emacs homepage
@ 2017-01-16 14:27   ` Nicolas Petton
From: Nicolas Petton @ 2017-01-16 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tino Calancha; +Cc: rms, Emacs Devel

Tino Calancha <tino.calancha@gmail.com> writes:

> In my system, the buttons for Windows and MacOS show the headings
> 'Windows' and 'OS X' respectively; but the button for GNU/Linux
> doesn't show the heading: the first line shown is
> 'Most GNU/Linux distributions provide ...'

Thanks, I'll fix it.

Cheers,
Nico

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Download buttons on the Emacs homepage
@ 2017-01-16 14:30   ` Nicolas Petton
From: Nicolas Petton @ 2017-01-16 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tino Calancha; +Cc: rms, Emacs Devel

Tino Calancha <tino.calancha@gmail.com> writes:

> In my system, the buttons for Windows and MacOS show the headings
> 'Windows' and 'OS X' respectively; but the button for GNU/Linux
> doesn't show the heading: the first line shown is
> 'Most GNU/Linux distributions provide ...'

Fixed :)

Cheers,
Nico

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Download buttons on the Emacs homepage
@ 2017-01-16 14:34     ` Tino Calancha
From: Tino Calancha @ 2017-01-16 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Petton; +Cc: rms, Emacs Devel

On 01/16/2017 11:30 PM, Nicolas Petton wrote:
> Tino Calancha <tino.calancha@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> In my system, the buttons for Windows and MacOS show the headings
>> 'Windows' and 'OS X' respectively; but the button for GNU/Linux
>> doesn't show the heading: the first line shown is
>> 'Most GNU/Linux distributions provide ...'
> Fixed :)
>
> Cheers,
> Nico

Great, i can see it now!
That was really fast! O:

* Re: Download buttons on the Emacs homepage
@ 2017-01-17 17:35 ` Elias Mårtenson
From: Elias Mårtenson @ 2017-01-17 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Petton; +Cc: Richard Stallman, Emacs Devel