all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ebrowse database file format documentation?
@ 2011-01-14  0:07 Mike
       [not found] ` <mailman.0.1295026558.3922.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Mike @ 2011-01-14  0:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi folks...I'm interested in a document that describes in detail the
actual database file format that ebrowse generates.  It looks like
it's just lisp data, but I'm wondering if anybody has stuff to read
(other than the elisp source) that explains what each record means,
the fields, arrity, etc. etc.  Where's the DTD?  =)

thanks in advance...

Mike

* Re: ebrowse database file format documentation?
@ 2011-01-14 17:35 ` Eli Zaretskii
       [not found] ` <mailman.0.1295026558.3922.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2011-01-14 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: Mike <ckimyt@gmail.com>
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 16:07:03 -0800 (PST)
>
> Hi folks...I'm interested in a document that describes in detail the
> actual database file format that ebrowse generates.  It looks like
> it's just lisp data, but I'm wondering if anybody has stuff to read
> (other than the elisp source) that explains what each record means,
> the fields, arrity, etc. etc.  Where's the DTD?  =)

See the `defstruct's in ebrowse.el, and their doc strings.  That
should be enough to get you off the ground.

@ 2011-01-15  3:30   ` Mike
From: Mike @ 2011-01-15  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Jan 14, 12:35 pm, Eli Zaretskii <e...@gnu.org> wrote:
> > From: Mike <cki...@gmail.com>
> > Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> > Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 16:07:03 -0800 (PST)
>
> > Hi folks...I'm interested in a document that describes in detail the
> > actual database file format that ebrowse generates.  It looks like
> > it's just lisp data, but I'm wondering if anybody has stuff to read
> > (other than the elisp source) that explains what each record means,
> > the fields, arrity, etc. etc.  Where's the DTD?  =)
>
> See the `defstruct's in ebrowse.el, and their doc strings.  That
> should be enough to get you off the ground.

Thanks, yeah...I figured when no one answered that I probably asked a
dumb question.  =)

I don't know elisp too well, but the comments in there are great.

Mike