all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Wordprocessor behaviour
@ 2003-06-23 10:32 Daniel Andersen
From: Daniel Andersen @ 2003-06-23 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all!

I'm quite new to emacs and I have a question which has bothered me a
long time. I'm writing a book and started using emacs insteed of Word,
which I got pretty much tired of, but there is one thing which annoyes
me; when I have written a long sentense and it is wrapped to many lines
on the screen, then when I want to go on "screen-line" up in the same
sentence, it jumps to the previous paragraph insteed, which means that I
have to move the cursor along the line insteed to get upwards.

I have searched for information on this but couldn't find any myself; I
know that one can have emacs break long lines itself, but I don't want
it to do so...

Hope anyone can help me!

Daniel Andersen