On 08.10.2017 21:40, Drew Adams wrote: >>>>> why is it a problem to document this? >>>> Because we don't want to guarantee the return >>>> value won't change in the future? >>> Are you sure? >> No. >> >>> When was that decided? >> I don't know if it was decided and when, I was just wondering >> whether the lack of documentation is deliberate or an omission. > Good. Neither do I know that we don't want to guarantee > that the return value won't change. Nor do I know whether > the lack of documentation was deliberate or not. Nor do I > know a reason why we wouldn't want to document the behavior, > guarantee or no guarantee. > > Not having any reason to think there was a deliberate > decision not to document this, and not knowing any good > reason why it should not be documented, whether it was > deliberate or (a priori more likely) an oversight, and > knowing good reasons why it _should_ be documented (it > is useful, and documenting that use is the practice in > Lisp in general, and it fits what we do for things like > `setq'), this should be a no-brainer, IMO. > > But if there is a good reason why it should not be > documented, let's hear it, please. > > > +1