all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Ian W <ian@wahbe.com>
To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
Cc: 50370@debbugs.gnu.org
Subject: bug#50370: Fix bug in ispell-init-process error handling
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 12:38:40 -0700	[thread overview]

I think that hunspell is different. It validates that the dictionary really exists in the beginning of ispell-start-process:

(defun ispell-start-process ()
 "Start the Ispell process, with support for no asynchronous processes.
Keeps argument list for future Ispell invocations for no async support."
 ;; `ispell-current-dictionary' and `ispell-current-personal-dictionary'
 ;; are properly set in `ispell-internal-change-dictionary'.

 ;; Parse hunspell affix file if using hunspell and entry is uninitialized.
 (if ispell-really-hunspell
 (or (cadr (assoc ispell-current-dictionary ispell-dictionary-alist))
 (ispell-hunspell-fill-dictionary-entry ispell-current-dictionary)))
…)

Having seen this, I think that this will only be a problem for ispell and aspell. I just tested the recipe and it works on “emacs -Q”  (I have ispell installed correctly, and emacs defaults to that).