On 2017-02-02 15:43, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> Cc: 25592@debbugs.gnu.org >> From: Clément Pit--Claudel >> Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2017 14:41:21 -0500 >> >> I'm writing a function that copies overlay properties to text properties. > > That function probably converts overlays by traversing buffer > positions from beginning to end, no? Then overlays-at should be what > you need, and next-overlay-change is your friend to move to the next > "interesting" position when you are done with this one. > > Isn't that what you are doing? No: I'm iterating over all overlays, and applying them one by one. >> I reimplemented compare_overlays in ELisp, but that seems brittle. > > How did you implement in Lisp the "last resort" of comparison, which > compares addresses of the C structs? I didn't :)