all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* how to create simple hyperlinks
@ 2010-08-14  8:12 tomer
From: tomer @ 2010-08-14  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I am a beginner,
I want to make a link to to other place in loaded file in emacs frame.
the link should be actvate by clicking on the mouse and with
customface.
I know it is possible in org-mode but i want to use it in other major-
mode.
Thanks a lot for the help
Tomer

* Re: how to create simple hyperlinks
@ 2010-12-09 16:48 ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2010-12-09 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

,----[ (info "(org)Using links outside Org") ]
| You can insert and follow links that have Org syntax not only in Org,
| but in any Emacs buffer.  For this, you should create two global
| commands, like this (please select suitable global keys yourself):
|
|      (global-set-key "\C-c L" 'org-insert-link-global)
|      (global-set-key "\C-c o" 'org-open-at-point-global)
`----

Ok, this won't make org-mode links clickable in other modes, but it's
betten than nothing.

Bye,
Tassilo

* RE: how to create simple hyperlinks
@ 2010-12-10  4:41   ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2010-12-10  4:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Tassilo Horn', help-gnu-emacs

> > I want to make a link to to other place in loaded file in
> > emacs frame.  the link should be actvate by clicking on
> > the mouse and with customface.  I know it is possible in
> > org-mode but i want to use it in other major-mode.
>
> ,----[ (info "(org)Using links outside Org") ]
> | You can insert and follow links that have Org syntax not
> | only in Org, but in any Emacs buffer.  For this, you should
> | create two global commands, like this (please select suitable
> | global keys yourself):
> |      (global-set-key "\C-c L" 'org-insert-link-global)
> |      (global-set-key "\C-c o" 'org-open-at-point-global)
> `----
>
> Ok, this won't make org-mode links clickable in other modes, but it's
> betten than nothing.

See also Linkd.  It's very simple but can be quite useful.
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/LinkdMode