In article , Harald Hanche-Olsen wrote: > + Alberto Simões : > > > Under MacOS (NS) I added an alias to open files directly on the shell: > > > > [ambs@rachmaninoff VisitasDI]$ alias emacs > > alias emacs='/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs' > > > > or is there any better way to alias an emacs command? > > Try this instead: open -a emacs filename Or use /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/macOS/bin/emacsclient -- Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu Arlington, MA *** PLEASE post questions in newsgroups, not directly to me *** *** PLEASE don't copy me on replies, I'll read them in the group ***