In article <029be122-b0a6-426c-ac48-18e970009a97@r31g2000prh.googlegroups.com>, rustom wrote: > On Jun 12, 5:06 pm, rustom wrote: > > > > Ive *not* written this lisp. > > All did (or tried to do) was take some existing lisp and change it a > > bit here and there -- mostly nothing more than changing some strings. > > > > I should mention that now that error has gone -- in the sense that I'm > not getting scan errors and mismatch paren errors. > > But the way it is behaving (or unbehaving) I conclude that large > sections of it have 'disappeared' into a string most likely. > > I should also mention here what I did to 'get rid' of the error. > The function giving the paren error I moved into a new file > There I found that the culprit seemed to be a large let* -- moved it > to a second file > Voila! No check-paren errors (no changes on my part other than the C-M- > k and C-y done to move sexps around) > > Moved file 2 back into file 1 where it was pulled out; then file1 back > into the original. > No check-paren errors ; no load errors. > > I find this weird Re-indent the new file, and then diff it against the original that you modified. Look for places where the change to a line is the amount of indentation. That suggests a parenthesis problem right before that (unless the intent of your change was to nest a block of code within something new). -- Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu Arlington, MA *** PLEASE post questions in newsgroups, not directly to me *** *** PLEASE don't copy me on replies, I'll read them in the group ***