all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* fill-paragraph eats second space after curly right double quotes
@ 2004-05-13 23:13 Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra
From: Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra @ 2004-05-13 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

	I am editing an XML-encoded text, that being Unicode has lots
of curly quotes.

	The problem is when, being at the end of a phrase, these
quotes are folled by two spaces, like this."  In this case,
fill-paragraphs 'eats' one of the spaces.  It only happens with curly
quotes.

	Is this a new bug, how could it be corrected?

--
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra           +55 (11) 5685 2219
Av Sgto Geraldo Santana, 1100 6/71               +55 (11) 5686 9607

* Re: fill-paragraph eats second space after curly right double quotes
@ 2004-05-13 23:46 ` Barry Margolin
From: Barry Margolin @ 2004-05-13 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <pan.2004.05.13.23.13.43.943555@dutra.fastmail.fm>,
 Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra <leandro@dutra.fastmail.fm>
 wrote:

> 	I am editing an XML-encoded text, that being Unicode has lots
> of curly quotes.
>
> 	The problem is when, being at the end of a phrase, these
> quotes are folled by two spaces, like this."  In this case,
> fill-paragraphs 'eats' one of the spaces.  It only happens with curly
> quotes.
>
> 	Is this a new bug, how could it be corrected?

You'll need to add curly quotes to regular expression in sentence-end,
so they're treated the same as ordinary double quotes.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA

* Re: fill-paragraph eats second space after curly right double quotes
@ 2004-05-14  1:18   ` Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra
From: Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra @ 2004-05-14  1:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Em Thu, 13 May 2004 19:46:38 -0400, Barry Margolin escreveu:

>> 	Is this a new bug, how could it be corrected?
>
> You'll need to add curly quotes to regular expression in sentence-end, so
> they're treated the same as ordinary double quotes.

	OK, thank!... and how do I file a bug?

--

@ 2004-05-14  5:31     ` Barry Margolin
From: Barry Margolin @ 2004-05-14  5:31 UTC (permalink / raw)