all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Groovy script that reads stdin fails with "java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: c" when run with "shell-command-on-region"
@ 2015-02-12 20:54 KARR, DAVID
From: KARR, DAVID @ 2015-02-12 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'm using Emacs 24.3.90.1 in Cygwin on Win7.

I have a Groovy script that reads from stdin, and it works fine when I run it from Bash, piping text into the process.

I'm now trying to select text in an Emacs buffer, and then execute "shell-command-on-region"  The text I'm selecting appears to be identical to what I'm sending on the command line.

When I run this, it fails with "java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: c".

This obviously has something to do with my PATH, but I'm not sure what could be wrong.  This might be more of a Cygwin question than an Emacs question.  I tried going into my "*scratch*" buffer and printed out the PATH that the process sees, and it obviously has entries in "/c/..." (I set my cygdrive prefix to "c").