all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Tero Mononen <tero@ooe.fi>
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Unable to a new branch with VC commit
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 22:46:54 +0200	[thread overview]

Dear Emacs people,

Most likely I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what.

I haven't managed to create a new Mercurial branch in Emacs. According
to manual [1] it should happen with C-u C-x v v. It does request "New
revision or backend". I give name of the new branch, and then commit
changes. Surprisingly, commit ends up to the active branch instead of
the new one. I.e., it completely ignores my input.

I tested the same procedure also with Git and the result was also the same.

My workaround is to change branch manually with "hg branch" command and
then use VC in emacs. But, I'm wondering how to do the whole process
with VC.

[1]
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Creating-Branches.html#Creating-Branches