all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Newbie - Printing with cups
@ 2003-05-02 15:47 Tom
From: Tom @ 2003-05-02 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi. Is there a way to set Emacs in order to use cups to print the
content of the buffers? I don't have lpr on my system.

Any hints will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Libe

* Re: Newbie - Printing with cups
@ 2003-05-02 18:23 ` Greg Fenton
From: Greg Fenton @ 2003-05-02 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tom wrote:
> Hi. Is there a way to set Emacs in order to use cups to print the
> content of the buffers? I don't have lpr on my system.

Do you have lpr-cups ?

On my RedHat system, lpr is a symlink to lpr-cups.

How do other s/w packages print on your system?

greg.fenton

* Re: Newbie - Printing with cups
@ 2003-05-02 20:21   ` Tom
From: Tom @ 2003-05-02 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

I solved it; I symlinked lpr to lpr-cups.

Thanxs

@ 2003-05-03 17:27 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-05-03 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tom <libero_s@libero.itNOSPAM> writes:

> Hi. Is there a way to set Emacs in order to use cups to print the
> content of the buffers? I don't have lpr on my system.

See the variable lpr-command, and perhaps also lpr-switches.  I like
kprinter, so I do (setq lpr-command "kprinter") and (setq
lpr-switches '("--stdin")).
--
file-error; Data: (Opening input file no such file or directory ~/.signature)