I'm using emacs tramp to connect to an embedded system runnig yocto linux and open a file. But tramp fails with the following error: Wrong method specification for 'ssh' The file spec is /ssh:root@10.2.1.92:/var/log/messages Attached is the tramp-verbose 10 output for the fail case. When I use the scp method, I am able to open the file without problem. When I try the same thing with the desktop PC where I have emacs running, the problem doesn't happen. So the issue is specified to the embedded system. One thing noteworthy is that the embedded system is missing the base64 program. I remember having an issue related to this in the past, but I don't know if it's relevant to the current problem. What else can I do to further debug this? -- Timur Aydın TEL: 536 939 65 88