all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* C-x C-b (switch-to-buffer) smarter suggestions?
@ 2010-02-06  8:03 Jorgen Grahn
From: Jorgen Grahn @ 2010-02-06  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

This is a minor annoyance for me daily, and I'm hoping someone has a
readymade elisp fix.  I'm not much of an elisp hacker -- my ~/.emacs
has stayed basically the same since 1996.

Let's say I have a dozen buffers, including foo.c and foo.h.  I am in
foo.c but I want to jump to foo.h. So I do

  C-x C-b foo TAB

But this doesn't complete to foo.h, because foo.c is also an
alternative -- even though that's the buffer I'm explicitly trying to
switch *from*.

/Jorgen

--
  // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@  Oo  o.   .  .