On Sun, April 3, 2016 7:58 pm, Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 19:46:40 +0100 >> From: "Phillip Lord" >> Cc: 23203@debbugs.gnu.org >> >> >> The attached patch fixes the problem in my hands (assuming we believe >> that this is a bug). The solution may be a bit blunt, though, although >> the function patched is documented as "use in batch during build". > > Indeed, I'd rather we didn't do anything that drastic. > > > If needed, backups can be disabled from the command line. That works too (see attached diff), although it's a bit of pain because of duplication in the makefile. I would ask though, when do we want backup files produced from the batch-update-autoloads function? Changing the default behaviour of this function seems to make the most sense to me (although perhaps not the way that I did it). Phil