all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* info path in shell vs info path in emacs
@ 2003-03-06 23:37 Chris
From: Chris @ 2003-03-06 23:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

In my shell environment, infopath is set to: /home/me/info (my own
info files) /usr/share/info (where all the Emacs info is put) and
 /usr/share/gcc-data/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2/info where all the system
info files are. This is good when I am in the shell.

But when I am in emacs, I would like to only see my info and the emacs
info files... not all the system info. However, emacs still picks up
the system files even with this in my .emacs:

(setq Info-directory-list
   '("/usr/share/info"
     "/home/chris/elisp/info"))

How can I tell emacs to drop that system path?

* Re: info path in shell vs info path in emacs
@ 2003-03-07  1:51 ` David Masterson
From: David Masterson @ 2003-03-07  1:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

> In my shell environment, infopath is set to: /home/me/info (my own
> info files) /usr/share/info (where all the Emacs info is put) and
>  /usr/share/gcc-data/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2/info where all the system
> info files are. This is good when I am in the shell.

> But when I am in emacs, I would like to only see my info and the emacs
> info files... not all the system info. However, emacs still picks up
> the system files even with this in my .emacs:

> (setq Info-directory-list
>    '("/usr/share/info"
>      "/home/chris/elisp/info"))

> How can I tell emacs to drop that system path?

I think (ie. untested):

(remove-from-list 'Info-directory-list
        '("/usr/share/gcc-data/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2/info")
  )

--
David Masterson                David DOT Masterson AT synopsys DOT com
Sr. R&D Engineer               Synopsys, Inc.

* Re: info path in shell vs info path in emacs
@ 2003-03-08  2:57   ` Chris
From: Chris @ 2003-03-08  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Masterson <David.Masterson@synopsys.com> wrote in message news:<u7kbc2bcp.fsf@synopsys.com>...

> I think (ie. untested):
>
> (remove-from-list 'Info-directory-list
>         '("/usr/share/gcc-data/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2/info")
>   )

That's along the lines of what I need, but my system complains that
remove-from-list is not a function (basically, I'm not at the
computer, but remove-from-list doesn't appear to be legal). I'm on
21.2 on a Linux system... any idea?

* Re: info path in shell vs info path in emacs
@ 2003-03-08 14:27     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-03-08 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

chrisl_ak@hotmail.com (Chris) writes:

>> I think (ie. untested):
>>
>> (remove-from-list 'Info-directory-list
>>         '("/usr/share/gcc-data/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2/info")
>>   )
>
> That's along the lines of what I need, but my system complains that
> remove-from-list is not a function (basically, I'm not at the
> computer, but remove-from-list doesn't appear to be legal). I'm on
> 21.2 on a Linux system... any idea?

(setq Info-directory-list
      (remove "/usr/share/gcc-data/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.2/info"
              Info-directory-list))