all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Inserting linefeed in query-replace-reqexp
@ 2003-04-14 18:53 Ed Rubinsky
From: Ed Rubinsky @ 2003-04-14 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

How do you insert a linefeed as part of the replace regexp in the
query-replace-regexp command? I've tried C-Q<RET>, which puts the literal
^M in the replacement string, and not a linefeed.
I'm using emacs 21.2.1 on both linux and W2K.

Best, Ed

* Re: Inserting linefeed in query-replace-reqexp
       [not found] <mailman.4582.1050346645.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-04-14 19:09 ` Jesper Harder
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Jesper Harder @ 2003-04-14 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ed Rubinsky <edrubins@andisplace.com> writes:

> How do you insert a linefeed as part of the replace regexp in the
> query-replace-regexp command? I've tried C-Q<RET>, which puts the
> literal ^M in the replacement string, and not a linefeed.

Use `C-q C-j' instead.

* Re: Inserting linefeed in query-replace-reqexp
       [not found] <mailman.4582.1050346645.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-04-14 19:09 ` Johan Bockgård
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Johan Bockgård @ 2003-04-14 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ed Rubinsky <edrubins@andisplace.com> writes:

> How do you insert a linefeed as part of the replace regexp in the
> query-replace-regexp command? I've tried C-Q<RET>

Try C-q C-j

--
Johan Bockgård

@ 2003-04-14 19:12 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2003-04-14 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ed Rubinsky <edrubins@andisplace.com> writes:

> How do you insert a linefeed as part of the replace regexp in the
> query-replace-regexp command?

C-q C-j

--
file-error; Data: (Opening input file no such file or directory ~/.signature)

* Re: Inserting linefeed in query-replace-reqexp
       [not found] <mailman.4582.1050346645.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2003-04-15  0:56 ` Sandip Chitale
From: Sandip Chitale @ 2003-04-15  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Try C-qC-j.

Ed Rubinsky <edrubins@andisplace.com> wrote in message news:<mailman.4582.1050346645.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>...
> How do you insert a linefeed as part of the replace regexp in the
> query-replace-regexp command? I've tried C-Q<RET>, which puts the literal
> ^M in the replacement string, and not a linefeed.
> I'm using emacs 21.2.1 on both linux and W2K.
>
> Best, Ed

* Re: Inserting linefeed in query-replace-reqexp
       [not found] <mailman.4582.1050346645.21513.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2003-04-15  0:56 ` Sandip Chitale
From: Sandip Chitale @ 2003-04-15  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2003-04-15  3:32 Ed Rubinsky
From: Ed Rubinsky @ 2003-04-15  3:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

 >>Ed Rubinsky <edrubins@andisplace.com> writes:
 >> How do you insert a linefeed as part of the replace regexp in the
 > >query-replace-regexp command? I've tried C-Q<RET>
 >Try C-q C-j
->-
 >Johan Bockgård

         Perfect! Thanks