all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* extension for image view to go to next or previous image
@ 2011-04-08  1:49 chris
From: chris @ 2011-04-08  1:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi there,

I am frequently viewing images in emacs that are part of a sequence,
therefore I am missing a way to go the next or previous image.  I was
wondering if this is possible somehow already?  Or maybe somebody can
show me how to do this with elisp?  The filenames for these images are
chosen in a way that sorting by name brings them in the right order,
also usually the directory that contains them is open in a dired
buffer, so if necessary, maybe one could retrieve the position of the
current image and then simply get the name of the next image from
there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Chris