all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* C++ projects: Automatically indexing -I files in existing make files
@ 2012-10-12 13:56 Luka
From: Luka @ 2012-10-12 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

After reading:

* A Gentle Introduction to CEDET:
http://alexott.net/en/writings/emacs-devenv/EmacsCedet.html#sec6

* A Functional Introduction to CEDET-EDE:
http://epsilonvectorplusplus.wordpress.com/2012/04/27/a-functional-introduction-to-cedet-ede/

I learn that when creating a project folder with an existing make file and source code, I can have semantic index the files by either:

1. defining a simple EDE project with:

    ((ede-cpp-root-project "Test"
                :name "Test Project"
                :file "~/work/project/CMakeLists.txt"
                :include-path '("/"
                                "/Common"
                                "/Interfaces"
                                "/Libs"
                               )
                :system-include-path '("~/exp/include")
                :spp-table '(("isUnix" . "")
                             ("BOOST_TEST_DYN_LINK" . "")))

2. or by specifying the include paths to semantic directly with

   (semantic-add-system-include "~/exp/include/boost_1_37" 'c++-mode)

But both methods still require me to type the paths manually. Is there any way to have Emacs automatically identify the include paths for semantic from an existing make file?

--- Background: ---

Some IDEs have a function to autodiscover "gcc -I" paths from an existing make file. For example, in Eclipse, you can create a project on a path with an existing make file and source code, and Eclipse would infer the include paths for its "intellisense" when building the project (I presume Eclipse parses the output of GNU make to do this). I would like to do the same in Emacs.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-10-12 13:56 UTC | newest]