all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* mouse-movement getting in the way
@ 2014-08-06  7:44 Sam Halliday
From: Sam Halliday @ 2014-08-06  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all,

I am running Emacs 24.3.1 on GNU/Linux with xmonad as my window manager. I have 3 monitors.

I try to avoid using the mouse, but sometimes I need to use it in other applications. When I move the mouse from one of my other screens into the screen running emacs, the first command I type will always fail with a minibuffer error e.g.

  C-c <mouse-movement> is undefined

This is rather frustrating. I was hoping that somebody on this list could help me to configure emacs to avoid taking the mouse-movement input as part of a key command.

My configuration is largely available here if it is relevant: https://github.com/fommil/unix

Best regards,
Sam