all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Call lisp function asynchronous
@ 2007-06-07  1:47 Juraj Kubelka
From: Juraj Kubelka @ 2007-06-07  1:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi!

Is it possible to call lisp function asynchronous?

I would like to use it with this intention: I have defined overlay on
a region. And after few seconds I would like to delete this overlay.

          #'(lambda (overlay)
              (sleep-for 2)
              (delete-overlay overlay))

But I do not know how to call it without waiting for response
(funcall delete-overlay overlay).
Can you help me?  Or is there better solution for it?

Thank you in advance.
Juraj