all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* problem with 'other-frame' with KDE "Focus Follows Mouse" window behavior
@ 2005-12-14 17:47 Alain Cochard
From: Alain Cochard @ 2005-12-14 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello.

I'm using Emacs GNU Emacs 21.4.1
     (i386-redhat-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
     of 2005-05-18 on decompose.build.redhat.com
with KDE 3.4.2-0.fc4.1 Red Hat.

When I use the "Focus Follows Mouse" KDE window behavior, then the
emacs command 'M-x other frame' does not work.  I have experimented
with the variable focus-follows-mouse set to 't' or 'nil' but I don't
see any difference.

Other than that, the "Focus Follows Mouse" KDE behavior works
properly, so I thought it might be an emacs problem.  (On the other
hand, if I try the "Focus _Under_ Mouse" KDE window behavior instead,
then 'M-x other-frame' works fine...)

Previously I was using Emacs 21.3.1 with KDE 3.1.4-4 and it was
working properly.

Thanks in advance for any hint.
AC