Hi, By default message.el uses mail-abbrev to expand mail aliases in headers in a draft. If an aliasee is longer than fill-column, it will be expanded like the following: To: foo1@bar.baz, foo2@bar.baz, foo3@bar.baz, foo4@bar.baz, foo5@bar.baz, foo6@bar.baz, foo7@bar.baz, foo8@bar.baz To reproduce this, try the "foo" alias specified as follows: (define-mail-abbrev "foo" "foo1@bar.baz, foo2@bar.baz, foo3@bar.baz, foo4@bar.baz,\ foo5@bar.baz, foo6@bar.baz, foo7@bar.baz, foo8@bar.baz") The point is that the latter half addresses in an aliasee are put line by line. Moreover, I think a SPC is enough for LWSP preceding to the latter half (message.el uses TAB in some fill function, though), rather than the one indent-relative generates. A patch I tried is attached below.