all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: no set button in Custom buffer
       [not found] ` <b4mzm26ibio.fsf@jpl.org>
@ 2007-07-09  5:57   ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2007-07-09  5:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

>> When I run `customize-option', I don't see the Set button in
>> the Custom buffer.  Maybe this is caused by the recent changes
>> in cus-edit.el.

> It's funny that it occurs only when running Emacs on X, not on
> the terminal.  Here are examples that I got when I performed
> `M-x customize-option RET file-coding-system-alist RET':

[...]

> I haven't yet looked into the code.  Sorry.

I realized it's not a bug but a feature.  That is, no Set button
appears in the custom buffer if the tool bar is available.  I feel
it is inconvenient but that's ok if it is useful for general users
(because I use CUSTOM only for designing custom types, not for
customizing my preferences).  But are those buttons in the custom
buffer really useless?  Anyway, I will use this for some time
until I get used to the tool bar buttons. ;-)

(defadvice custom-buffer-create-internal (around command-buttons-in-buffer
						 activate)
  "Let the custom buffer always have command buttons."
  (let (tool-bar-mode) ad-do-it))

Regards,

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-07-09  5:57 UTC | newest]