all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* displaying #ifdef statements
@ 2003-03-11 19:23 Javier Oviedo
From: Javier Oviedo @ 2003-03-11 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all:

I am using emacs 21.2.1 on WinXP.

Is there a way to display the location of #ifdef statements in a similar
fashion as parens/brackets?

Currently I place the cursor on a paren/bracket and the minibuffer displays
the match and what it is associated with.

For example:

if (x == 1)
{

}

What I see displayed in the minibuffer, when I place the cursor in the
closing brace, is the following:

if (x == 1)  RET  {   [linenumber]

Could the same be applied to #ifdef statements...placing the cursor on a
#endif ?

Thanks in advance.

Javier

* Re: displaying #ifdef statements
@ 2003-03-11 22:20 ` David Masterson
From: David Masterson @ 2003-03-11 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Is there a way to display the location of #ifdef statements in a
> similar fashion as parens/brackets?

I don't know an equivalent to blink-matching-paren, but perhaps
hide-ifdef-mode would be close to what you want?

--
David Masterson                David DOT Masterson AT synopsys DOT com
Sr. R&D Engineer               Synopsys, Inc.

* Re: displaying #ifdef statements
@ 2003-03-12 14:23   ` Javier Oviedo
From: Javier Oviedo @ 2003-03-12 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

It is useful. The equivalent of blink-match-paren would still be the most
desirable. Thanks for you idea, though.