all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Joe Halpern <halpern@cs.cornell.edu>
To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
Cc: 54810@debbugs.gnu.org
Subject: bug#54810: 27.2; emacs crashes randomly on Mac with Bug Sur 11.5.2
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 06:38:31 -0400	[thread overview]

Thanks for the fast response.  I've downloaded emacs 28.1, and am having
trouble installing it.  What I've done so far is move it to the
applications folder, but when I click on the emacs icon that I have on
my desktop, I get the message "This application will not run on your
computer".  When I click on emacs in finder (the new version, dated
4/4/22), I get the same message.  But when I got to the terminals
and type "emacs filename", it will open emacs for me.  So obviously
someething is working right.  I've tried looking things up on the web,
but the responses seem to presume more knowledge than I have. Would it
be possible to walk me through what to do?

Thanks,
Jope