all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* problem: M-a M-e gives symbol's function definition is voide
@ 2017-02-22 19:50 Krishnakant
From: Krishnakant @ 2017-02-22 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Dear all,

I am really confused as to what might have happened in this case.

I open a file in python-mode

there is lot of code in it.

now when I try doing M-a or M-e to move back and forth between function
or class definition, I get the said error mentioned in the subject.

I use emacs 24.5 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and I have elpy with company-mode
enabled.

Can some one tell me what must be going wrong here?

I actually can't use any navigation function in python-mode because I
get the same error "symbol's function definition is voide ..." for any
shortcut I press.

of course M-C-i works with company so I know other things are going correct.

Indentation also works correctly.

But it is very important for me to move between blocs of code (one of
the major reasons I have shifted to emacs ).

Happy hacking.

Krishnakant.