all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Annoying shell *completions* buffer
@ 2009-11-19 13:42 Francis Moreau
From: Francis Moreau @ 2009-11-19 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

I'm using M-x shell, and would like to hide the *completions* buffer
automatically when the <TAB> key did a sole completion.

I know that I can type to <SPACE> to make the buffer disapears, but I
really find this behaviour, hmm, not logical.

Acutally <SPACE> seems broken: a) I can't let <TAB> do a full
completion otherwise <SPACE> doesn't flush anymore; b) if I do <TAB>
then partially type the filename then press again <TAB> then <SPACE>
doesn't flush anymore.

I just need to tell to emacs: if you find only one completion then the
completion buffer becomes useless. So restore the window configuration
how it was before the completion buffer pop up after completing.

Thanks

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-11-19 13:42 UTC | newest]