all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Questions Regarding Ensuring Helm And Spaceline Themes Match The Current Theme
@ 2022-02-17 14:54 Samuel Banya
From: Samuel Banya @ 2022-02-17 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emanuel Berg

Hey there,

So, I use both Helm and spaceline packages for my Emacs config.

However, whenever I change my theme, I often get weird results for both.

I believe the issue is that not all themes support Helm, and I don't think there's a way to truly customize the spaceline theme.

My main issue is that the spaceline looks mostly wonky since the colors of the separator arrows are completely off-looking, and Helm theme rarely applies to old themes (which is sad since I really want the Word Perfect theme to be universal in my case).

Is there any way to force this behavior, or do I have to figure out how to create corresponding themes? If so, is there an easier package to do this kind of thing?

The only theme that 'almost' works is Gruvbox, but even then, the Spaceline looks completely off.

*Here are my related Emacs config sections from my literate config:*
*** Add '~/.emacs.d/themes/replace-colorthemes/' to load path to add additional themes from 'replace-colorthemes' GitHub repo
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  ;; Added this to add the 'replace-colorthemes' themes from GitHub:
  ;; https://github.com/emacs-jp/replace-colorthemes

  ;; General idea from this StackOverflow post:
  ;; https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5982572/how-to-install-emacs-colortheme

  (add-to-list 'custom-theme-load-path "~/.emacs.d/themes/replace-colorthemes/")
#+end_src

*** 'Spaceline' Modeline
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
  (use-package spaceline
    :ensure t
    :config
    (require 'spaceline-config)
    (setq powerline-default-separator (quote arrow))
    (spaceline-spacemacs-theme))
#+END_SRC

*** Add 'gruvbox' themes from MELPA
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (use-package gruvbox-theme
    :ensure t)
#+end_src
*** Add 'hydra-colortheme' Hydra to change themes on the fly
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  ;; Create separate functions to change to each theme
  (defun change-to-spacemacs-theme ()
    (interactive)
    (load-theme 'spacemacs-dark t)
    (enable-theme 'spacemacs-dark)
    (org-mode-restart))

  (defun change-to-wordperfect-theme ()
    (interactive)
    (load-theme 'word-perfect t)
    (enable-theme 'word-perfect)
    (org-mode-restart))

  (defun change-to-gruvbox-dark-medium-theme ()
    (interactive)
    (load-theme 'gruvbox-dark-medium t)
    (enable-theme 'gruvbox-dark-medium)
    (org-mode-restart))

  (defhydra hydra-colortheme (:color pink
     :hint nil)
    "
    ^Change theme^
    ^^^^^^^^^^-----------------------------
    _a_: Spacemacs theme
    _b_: Wordperfect theme
    _c_: Gruvbox theme
    _q_: quit
    "
    ("a" change-to-spacemacs-theme)
    ("b" change-to-wordperfect-theme)
    ("c" change-to-gruvbox-dark-medium-theme)
    ("q" nil))

  (global-set-key (kbd "C-!") 'hydra-colortheme/body)
#+end_src

*Sections From 'init.el':*
(unless (package-installed-p 'spacemacs-theme)
  (package-refresh-contents)
  (package-install 'spacemacs-theme))

(custom-set-variables
;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
'(custom-enabled-themes '(spacemacs-dark))
'(custom-safe-themes
   '("fa2b58bb98b62c3b8cf3b6f02f058ef7827a8e497125de0254f56e373abee088" "69ad4071c7b2d91543fddd9030816404ff22e46f7207549319ce484e23082dee" "bffa9739ce0752a37d9b1eee78fc00ba159748f50dc328af4be661484848e476"))
'(helm-minibuffer-history-key "M-p")
'(inhibit-startup-screen t)
'(package-selected-packages
   '(slack scanner ranger typescript-mode gif-screencast free-keys docker dockerfile-mode docker-compose-mode evil-collection evil elfeed-org color-theme-modern discover-my-major goto-line-preview linum-relative visual-regexp rainbow-delimiters-mode log4j-mode log4j vterm org-download window-purpose aggressive-indent aggresive-indent spray sx counsel csv-mode org-mru-clock elfeed erc-image erc-hl-nicks logview rotate org-tree-slide symon dmenu diminish spaceline emacs-dashboard dashboard rainbow-delimiters sudo-edit hungry-delete rainbow-mode avy use-package spacemacs-theme helm hydra emmet-mode htmlize)))

Thanks,

Sam

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-02-17 14:54 UTC | newest]