all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: David Garamond <davidgaramond@gmail.com>
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: copy paste problem (jumbled & limited length) in emacs-nox only
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 23:43:45 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

Dear all,

I have experienced this strange problem for years, and it caused me
mild/medium annoyance, but so far haven't understood the cause.

When pasting a rather large (> +- 6.75K characters if I measure it)
buffer using into a KDE Konsole terminal (or xterm), only about 6.75K
characters get posted, and the weird thing is sometimes the pasted
characters get jumbled and missing in between.

This doesn't happen with other editors like joe or vi.

The pasted buffer is just some normal ASCII characters.

I have tried this locally and pasting into an SSH session on a remote
server, same results.

I have tried removing my ~/.emacs, same results.

Both method of copy-pasting (the middle click and the Shift-Insert in
Konsole) yield same results.

XEmacs, on the other hand, works *fine*. Unfortunately I work more
often in emacs -nw.

Linux, Debian Lenny (4.1), Emacs 21 and 22, KDE 3.5.

Any clue?

Regards,
dave