all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Remove all indentation - how to?
@ 2003-02-07 21:15 Garry
From: Garry @ 2003-02-07 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm a simple HTML monkey, not a die-hard C programmer :-)

All I want is for Emacs to do something really simple like start each
new line of my code from the left margin when I press RETURN, not
according to its default TAB criteria. I've had a good look through the
manual so, please, no RTFM. Can't find anything pertaining to removing
auto-indentation. I tried

('indent-tab-mode nil)

.... inside my custom variables section of .emacs but to no avail.

The reason I want this simplicity is that I want my HTML to read exactly
as I typed it within View Source, not according to a particular
browser's default TAB width. The only way to achieve this is to eschew
TABs in favour of spaces.

Garry Heaton