On 2016-09-03 14:10, Drew Adams wrote: > When you first wrote your code, presumably you consulted > the doc string. The problem, if you did read the doc, > is that the "general recommendation" there, at the very > end, SAYS NOTHING about LIMIT. Maybe? Or maybe I knew looking-at and used eldoc to get the signature. I can't recall. > … > NOTHING HAS CHANGED in this function, apart from a minor > doc change and addition of `advertised-calling-convention'. Right. And the addition of the advertised-calling-convention caused me, and perhaps others, to revisit existing code that did not include a limit. So it was a neat addition, since the misleading doc string, or my own carelessness, caused me to make mistakes in the past. Fortunately, these mistakes are now fixed, because I got byte-compilation warnings. Very convenient. Of course, upgrading the docstring could still be a good idea; but I don't make the mistake anymore, since when I write new calls to this function eldoc asks me to add the LIMIT argument, so mostly don't care about that update. Clément.