In article <84el769axj.fsf@lucy.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de>, Kai Großjohann wrote: > "Peter Wu" writes: > >> However, I don't know how to customize the number of characters from >> which the wordwrap functions starts work. For example, I want >> sentences to be wordwrapped at character #74. > > C-h f auto-fill-mode RET shows me this: > > /---- >> auto-fill-mode is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `simple'. >> (auto-fill-mode &optional ARG) >> >> Toggle Auto Fill mode. >> With arg, turn Auto Fill mode on if and only if arg is positive. >> In Auto Fill mode, inserting a space at a column beyond >> `current-fill-column' automatically breaks the line at a previous >> space. >> >> The value of `normal-auto-fill-function' specifies the function to use >> for `auto-fill-function' when turning Auto Fill mode on. > \---- > > So it's current-fill-column. > > Also see the command C-x f (set-fill-column). When I do this, I am prompted: set-fill-column requires an explicit argument I don't know how to specify one for it. Please help! :( -- Cheers, Peter