all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* shell-current-directory - other window command needed
@ 2009-10-28 15:34 The Quiet Center
       [not found] ` <mailman.9631.1256746814.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: The Quiet Center @ 2009-10-28 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

shell-current-directory is an emacs package which allows one to create
a shell whose starting directory is the same as the buffer the command
'shell-current-directory' was invoked in.

The code for the command is here:
http://github.com/metaperl/emacs/blob/master/shell-current-directory.el#L92

What I would like to have is a command 'shell-current-directory-other-
window' which does the same thing, but opens the shell in the other-
window --- the window you would be in if you typed C-x o in the
current window.

I suppose one way to do it is to:
1 - save the current buffer (name?) as orig-buffer
2 - invoke shell-current-directory
3 - save the shell-buffer (name?) as new-shell-buffer
4 - switch-to-buffer orig-buffer
5 - other-window
6 - switch-to-buffer new-shell-buffer

But I am not quite adept enough at elisp to do this :)