all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* set tex-dvi-view-command  under windows
@ 2002-12-06 18:26 Thilo A. Coblenzer
       [not found] ` <mailman.3.1039291377.3906.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Thilo A. Coblenzer @ 2002-12-06 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Moin,
I just try to get GNU Emacs working with LaTeX under Windows 2000. I use
MiKTeX as LaTeX-Distribution. My problem is setting the
tex-dvi-view-command. I tried the following line in my .emacs-file:
(setq tex-dvi-view-command "yap")
The program yap is in the path. But I think the problem is the "\" from
Windows and the "/" from Unix and of course the "&". When I do an "C-c C-v"
I get this message from yap:
"c:\AllgA.dvi: DVI file does not exist." But the file I want to open is:
C:\AllgA Formalesammlung\AllgA.dvi

Can you tell me the correct syntax?

Thanks
   Thilo

* Re: set tex-dvi-view-command  under windows
@ 2002-12-07 19:01 ` Eli Zaretskii
       [not found] ` <mailman.3.1039291377.3906.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2002-12-07 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

> From: "Thilo A. Coblenzer" <Post@Coblenzer.de>
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 19:26:10 +0100
>
> I just try to get GNU Emacs working with LaTeX under Windows 2000. I use
> MiKTeX as LaTeX-Distribution. My problem is setting the
> tex-dvi-view-command. I tried the following line in my .emacs-file:
> (setq tex-dvi-view-command "yap")
> The program yap is in the path. But I think the problem is the "\" from
> Windows and the "/" from Unix and of course the "&". When I do an "C-c C-v"
> I get this message from yap:
> "c:\AllgA.dvi: DVI file does not exist." But the file I want to open is:
> C:\AllgA Formalesammlung\AllgA.dvi
>
> Can you tell me the correct syntax?

Try using the short 8+3 alias of "AllgA Formalesammlung", probably
something like "allgaf~1".

And no, forward slashes have nothing to do with your trouble, Windows
supports them just as well as it does backslashes.  It's the blank in
the file name that causes it to fail.

@ 2002-12-10  6:30   ` Thilo A. Coblenzer
From: Thilo A. Coblenzer @ 2002-12-10  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Eli Zaretskii" <eliz@is.elta.co.il> schrieb:
> > From: "Thilo A. Coblenzer" <Post@Coblenzer.de>
> > Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 19:26:10 +0100
> >
> > I just try to get GNU Emacs working with LaTeX under Windows 2000. I use
> > MiKTeX as LaTeX-Distribution. My problem is setting the
> > tex-dvi-view-command. I tried the following line in my .emacs-file:
> > (setq tex-dvi-view-command "yap")
> > The program yap is in the path. But I think the problem is the "\" from
> > Windows and the "/" from Unix and of course the "&". When I do an "C-c
C-v"
> > I get this message from yap:
> > "c:\AllgA.dvi: DVI file does not exist." But the file I want to open is:
> > C:\AllgA Formalesammlung\AllgA.dvi
> >
> > Can you tell me the correct syntax?
>
> Try using the short 8+3 alias of "AllgA Formalesammlung", probably
> something like "allgaf~1".
>
> And no, forward slashes have nothing to do with your trouble, Windows
> supports them just as well as it does backslashes.  It's the blank in
> the file name that causes it to fail.
OK, your right. It works when there are no blanks in the absolut filename.
Now, I use a file in c:\AllgAFormelsammlung. After C-c C-v I get this in the
shell-buffer:
c:\AllgAFormelsammlung>yap c:/AllgAFormelsammlung/AllgA.dvi&
yap c:/AllgAFormelsammlung/AllgA.dvi&

But yap doesn't start direktly. First I have to close emcas - then yap
starts!

How can I solve this Problem? Is there something loke the "&" for Windows?

Thanks
   Thilo